Saturday, June 12, 2010

it's not by the book.

I think everybody is like a book. Like a novel, there's a main character, conflict, climax, and everything you see in a novel. 
Sometimes the character is so bold, you could've guess the storyline from the very first page. 
Sometime, the character so blur, you have to read the whole book to get it.
Sometime, you simply get it. You don't have to read the book, cause you see yourself in it.




So i know this one person who know me, get the idea of my book. This person might not be know every trivial detail about me. But this person could've guess, and will be right. Cause this person gets it. The whole package. The whole deal.


There's another one. This person willing to read me, page per page. This person read it, literally, and believe it. That this is the idea of me, because this novel said so. So this must be it. 


The thing is, people change. Every minute, every day, there's a little bit change we're going through. One day i love blue, the next day red looks more cute. The little things, the little things that make a huge change in a daily basis. I know sometimes it's nice when someone notices your secret expression, your favorite coffee, your type of shoes. It is nice. But it changes, so never say something like, " Ah, this is your favorite shoes. Because you said so. I remember." Noo, come on. It changes.


When you get the idea of someone, the way they think, the way they see the world, the way they reacted to something, the way they see themself. It's great. Because the shoe thing doesn't really matter anymore. you know the person, so it doesn't matter, wheter you know their favorite color, or their favorite music. No matter, it's the getting about their mind that matter much. to me, at least.


So when this person gets me, and the way i think about myself, i feel so damn good. Like someone finally make sense of what i am. What i think about. And i have to thank God i have this person as my best bud, so he continually reminds me, that  people can make sense. 


That simple. People make sense, when you get to know them not memorize them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment